Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Maz in a nutshell



Maz and I have been best friends almost since the day we met in Philadelphia. We've spent countless hours together talking, laughing, sleeping, eating, dreaming, planning. I knew Maz was the one for me early on in our friendship. It doesn't require but a few minutes in his presence to know you're around someone very special.

If there's one thing to know about Maz it is that he takes care of the people he loves. I first saw this on a sweltering day in the middle of nowhere in Kedougou, Senegal as our small group was trying to make our way out to his village. I was miserable. Thirsty, tired, hotter than I ever thought it was possible to be and still be alive. It took me almost twice as long as the others to get to our destination. Maz was patient and supportive. He took great care of me that day and hasn't stopped since.

No comments: